|Fire Company||Engine 8|
|Cause of Death||Overcome by sewer gas|
|At Fire Box Number|
|Incident Type||Confined space rescue attempt|
|Incident Location||725 Clinton|
Died of exposure to "sewer gas" after an unsuccessful attempt, with Thomas Bland, to rescue a child from a vault (out house) at 725 Clinton Street in the West End. Bland descended first and was overcome. Heinsheimer attempted to rescue Bland and was also overcome. Both were rescued alive but unconscious. They both died around 30 minutes later. The child was dead when recovered.